[LAU] LV2 hosts and MIDI channel

David Adler david.jo.adler at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 18:32:02 UTC 2010

hi list,

I am looking for a way to let LV2 instrument plugins
respond only to a certain MIDI channel.

This might be possible in an integrated environment
like ardour3 or qtractor - I did not investigate this since
I need something like a standalone host (to add LV2
support to chino).

I found the following hosts capable of loading instrument
plugins:

    lv2_jack_host
    zynjacku
    ingen

but found no way of assigning MIDI channels in either
of them, they all seem to listen "omni".

Ingen maybe comes nearest. I looked at all the internal
objects but found no solution (e.g. their properties
dialogues are incomprehensible to me). At least it
allows to put several 'event inputs' that appear as
separate jack-midi inputs, so I could prepend a filter.

If there is no other way, I'll go that one. If I missed
something and someone comes up with a simpler
solution, I'd be happy as well.

greetings,