[LAU] recording webradio

Joep L. Blom jlblom at neuroweave.nl
Wed Jun 23 12:51:25 UTC 2010

  assume some of you has lots of experience with this simple problem.
I want (need) to record an internet transmission of a certain concert
next sunday.
I can receive the 'sender' and listen to it using vlc no problem.
However, i cannot find how to save the stream to a file (eventually for
burning). A big ptoblem is that the interface of vlc is completely
different from the interface presented in the documentation.
My system: AMD Phenom II (4-core)  4Gb mem. Ubuntu 9.10 (karmic).
I have ample space to record (>1 Tb).
Can anybody give me directions how to record this stream which has the
following specs:
Codec wma2; channels stereo; sample rate 48000 Hz; 16 bits.
It is sufficient to burn it later to a CD.
Joep