[LAU] ASCAP Assails Free-Culture, Digital-Rights Groups

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Wed Jun 30 17:00:36 UTC 2010

Louigi Verona wrote:

> Lots of super interesting arguments, I will have to carefully re-read
> it and then reply.
> Paul's argument against my article is really interesting.
>
> In general, looking quickly through the discussion, I can say that my
> bus analogy was
> really-really bad as any physical object versus ideas analogy,
> shouldn't have made it.
>
> And another short note to Dave: you can take my article and copy it
> and sell it, but you cannot
> substitute my name, cause that is plagiarism. Plagiarism is something
> very bad.
>
> All in all, I feel that we all share very similar values and its just
> wording and phrases and some details.
> Anyway, I will respond later in a more detailed manner, I think our
> discussion is very intelligent and
> raises some interesting points, plus I am happy my article was challenged.

Hi Louigi,

I'm glad you can take a good attitude towards the issue. People can get
pretty hot about topics to which they have a deep attachment.

Btw, I think it was Drew who made the comment re: your article. Again I
think scale matters. If I took your article and sold a hundred copies at
10 cents each you probably wouldn't get too excited. You might think
differently if I sold 100,000 at $1 each.

Best,

dp