[LAU] [ANN] seq24 0.9.1 released

torbenh torbenh at gmx.de
Wed Nov 10 09:53:30 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 09, 2010 at 10:20:37PM +0100, Guido Scholz wrote:
> Am Tue, 09. Nov 2010 um 11:57:29 +0100 schrieb torbenh:
>
> Torben,
>
> > On Tue, Nov 09, 2010 at 12:49:46PM +1100, Leigh Dyer wrote:
>
> > > Awesome!
>
> [...]
>
> > i dont see the transport synchronisation working with a jack1 svn version.
> > you are still using only a sync callback.
>
> your posting is confusing. Most probably Leigh is not acountable for
> your complains and I am not sure they are addressed to me, but I will
> give a comment anyway.

no he isnt. i just did not get the original mail.

> First _I_ will surely not use "sync callback", in best case seq24 will.

seq24 does that. but thats wrong.

> > and you are relying on the transport to go through the
> > JackTransportStarting state.
>
> Second _I_ do not rely on transport via software.

can we discuss about seq24 behaviour then ?

> > this issue should be fixed.
> > iirc we came to the conclusion, that seq24 is broken, and we will not
> > revert the changes in jack, which break it.
>
> Pardon, who is "we"? I can not recall such kind of agreement and I
> certainly do not know anything about changes going on in jack svn.

we is the jack-devs in this case.
i CCed this to jack-dev too.

i dont want a broken seq24 version out there. so we either need to
revert the changes in jack1 or fix seq24.
i would prefer fixing seq24. but as you see on the seq24 ML, i didnt get
replies earlier this year, when i looked at it.

> [...]
>
> > the patch for jack-session support didnt get merged either.
>
> I was not aware of this patch, searching the devel mailing list history
> today I found your patch dating from March when I was busy doing other
> things. I recommend to verify a little bit earlyer wheather your
> contributions get in or not and to attrack attention about important
> changes.

how should i do that ?
the ML was dead...

> Guido
>
> PS: Please do _not_ CC me for "list replys", this is annoying

ok. i just had a bit of bad experience when just writing things to MLs.
at least i got a reply now :S

> --
> http://www.bayernline.de/~gscholz/
> http://www.lug-burghausen.org/