[LAU] edirol fa101 on differant rate that 48k ?

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Thu Nov 18 22:31:31 UTC 2010

On Thursday 18 November 2010 23:10:03 Fabio wrote:
> Em quinta-feira 18 novembro 2010, às 20:05:27, você escreveu:
> > On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 07:28:04PM -0200, Fabio wrote:

> > > well, you sure loose quality downsampling to 16bit, that's what they
> > > heard
> >
> > On the contrary, the test showed that the listeners could *not* hear
> > the difference.
> >
> > Ciao,
>
> well I refered to Number 2 as 1 + 2 say diferent things

Number two said that different styles of recording (mic-placement, room-
acoustics and mixing) made a difference, while number one says that there is no
difference between 192kHz (and probably 24bit or 32bit) and 44.1kHz/16bit.

Given the fact that nowadays most consumer soundcards work with 48kHz
internally and re-sample anything else, its save to stay with 48kHz for
recording and online-publishing.

Have fun,

Arnold