[LAU] hda_codec_analog 96000 sampling rate?

fons at kokkinizita.net fons at kokkinizita.net
Mon Nov 29 22:29:28 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 04:09:25PM -0600, Mark Rages wrote:

>  - I have an AD1986A codec chip on my motherboard.
>  - According to its datasheet, AD1986A supports 96 kHz sample rate.
>  - /proc/asound/card0/codec#0 doesn't list 96 kHz.
>
> Why?

Because:

* A particular HW design does not have to support everything
  a chip could do.
* A driver does not necessarily support all hardware features.

And even if the HW and the driver would support 96 kHz, you
probably won't get 48 kHz bandwidth for the analog output.
You'll be lucky if you get 30 kHz or so.

Ciao,

--
FA

There are three of them, and Alleline.