[LAU] New floss made album released, Garage Orchestra! - The decison of Don Rodrigo

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Thu Dec 8 12:09:57 UTC 2011

On Thu, Dec 08, 2011 at 10:09:40AM +0100, Atte André Jensen wrote:
> On 12/07/2011 11:25 PM, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
>
>> Even if the music is crap,
>> and I agree it is, he can be proud of what he has done.
>
> Wow. This list dislikes pop!

This list does not dislike pop, and nor do I. The only thing
you can conclude from what I wrote above is that I do not
like that particular band and its music.

For me any appreciation of (A) the audio engineering and production
skills is completely unrelated to the appreciation of (B) the music
itself. All combinations are possible.

In this case I very much appreciated (A) but not (B).

> EDIT: I thought this list was about music/linux. Posting things here
> made with linux is a good thing. I think it really good the production
> quality and number of genres represented have gone up. We're a really
> small community, why bash others effords? No-one is trying to make
> "crap", but we're not into the same kinds of music. If I hear something
> here I don't like, I just don't comment, why should I discourage others
> unless I have something constructive to offer?

I will advocate Linux Audio for music production wherever I can.
That is not the same as claiming that any music produced with Linux
must automatically be great. Doing that would just undermine the
credibility of any pro-Linux advocacy.

The OP just stated his negative feelings about the music and ignored
the other aspects. I found that a bit unfair, which is why I replied.
OTOH, he has as much right to state his opinion as any other, and if
indeed it has been censored on YT that is a sign that some things
are going very wrong indeed.

Ciao,

--
FA

Vor uns liegt ein weites Tal, die Sonne scheint - ein Glitzerstrahl.