[LAU] midi record and play

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Mon Jan 3 21:30:13 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 4:24 PM, Bob van der Poel <bob at mellowood.ca> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 2:14 PM, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
>> I don't understand why nobody suggested just using arecordmidi and/or
>> aplaymidi  ....
>>

> They both work fine. But you can't record while using aplaymid and you
> can't play a file while recording with arecordmidi ... I want to play
> midifile1.mid to my keyboard, hit keys on the keyboard and have those
> recorded. If this can be done with arecord/play please let me know!

i just did it:

paul[1563]>arecordmidi -l
 Port    Client name                      Port name
 14:0    Midi Through                     Midi Through Port-0
 20:0    Hammerfall DSP                   HDSP MIDI 1
 20:32   Hammerfall DSP                   HDSP MIDI 2

paul[1565]>arecordmidi -p 20:0 foo.mid &
[1] 9332
paul[1567]>aplaymidi -p 20:0 /usr/local/music/src/key74d/music/bachinv1.mid