[LAU] Vocoder question

Leigh Dyer lsd at wootangent.net
Sat Jan 8 02:25:45 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-01-07 at 18:02 -0800, Ken Restivo wrote:
> I tried the JACK-enabled vocoder, latest versino (0.29)
>
> Is it supposed to sound like this?
> http://restivo.org/misc/vocodertest.ogg
>
> Not too intelligible. This was with default settings, with some panning, and Monosynth as the carrier.

It might help to play the carrier an octave or two lower -- I found that
made things much more intelligible with my voice. You might even like to
try playing the same note across a few octaves from low to high (though
I guess you'll have to use something other than CALF Monosynth for
that).

Thanks
leigh