[LAU] LV2, DSSI and the future of plugins

fons at kokkinizita.net fons at kokkinizita.net
Sun Jan 16 23:44:03 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 10:38:08PM +0300, Louigi Verona wrote:

> So, what I am saying is that VST world is some serious stuff
> and although there are many free plugins made with SynthEdit
> which suck ass, there is a huge number of great VSTs which
> are not only marketing.

There are some VST plugins that are really high quality and
that don't have anything near in the free or open source world.
But they are the exception rather than the rule. And if you
want them, more often than not you can get them only by paying
for a full 'bundle' named after some shiny metal which will
then include 95% crap as well.

Ciao,

--
FA