[LAU] q's: gigedit redux & zynaddsubfx

Kim Cascone kim at anechoicmedia.com
Wed Jan 19 03:08:16 UTC 2011

=============
gigedit
=============

after much head-scratching I finally figured out how to add layers (aka
'dimensions') to a sample instrument in LinuxSampler/Gigedit

q: so let's say I have 3 samples as 3 dimensions stacked on one key

I can slide the window around so that with increasing note-on velocity
samples 2 & 3 will play

I can also drag the velocity windows (i.e. making them wider or
narrower) for each sample in a 'stack'

but there is no indication as to where the breakpoints occur for velocity

q: does anyone know how to determine the numerical value of the break
points for each dimension's velocity 'window'?

==============
zynaddsubfx
==============

I open the bank window and create an instrument slot by first selecting
the 'write' button and clicking on an empty slot and naming it 'foo'

I start fiddling with params get a sound I like

wanting to store this

I click on the 'write' button again

then click on the slot called 'foo'

thinking I've saved the sound to slot 'foo'

I click on another instrument and then click back on the 'foo' sound I
created

and the sound is the default sine wave

q: can someone tell me how to save an individual sound into a bank?