[LAU] [hdspmixer solved - qjackctl unsolved]

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Fri Jun 10 11:33:27 UTC 2011

On 06/10/2011 10:08 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Server Path: /usr/bin/jackd
>
> switched to
>
> Server Path: jackd
>
> solved it, because jackd is in /usr/local/bin/jackd, since I build jackd from svn, I miss this when reading the configuration several times.
>
> Thank you Robin, I recognised it, when I work off your hints :)
>
> Ralf

Cool! All set then.

Well - Note that there may be troubles ahead: How do you "tell" dpkg
that libjack is installed to satisfy dependencies?

It was (and may still be) a rather tricky thing to have custom jackd in
/usr/local/ without breaking debian jack dependencies. I tend roll
custom deb packages from jackd2-svn in /usr/ for my purposes.

Having both libjack in /usr and /usr/local/ will cause jack trouble.

Maybe there's an easier way these days?

ciao,
robin