[LAU] Gnome-shell | Unity41

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 09:01:46 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 4:33 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> When I need to switch from KDE3 to GNOME2 I needed to change my work
> flow, but there wasn't a loss off apps. IIUC when they stop GNOME2,
> we'll lose apps, regarding to GTK2 libs that should be needed.

What makes you think so? GTK2 can be available in repository just like
GTK3 is currently avialable. They can be installed simultaneously, no
problem.

> How often should we switch the DE?

Nobody forces you to do it. The world moves on. Whether you want to
move along is entirely up to you :)

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org