[LAU] Reduce or increase number of samples with LADSPA plugin

Peder Hedlund peder at musikhuset.org
Sun May 22 12:26:19 UTC 2011

Quoting Thor Andreassen <ta at toggle.be>:

> I've failed to turn up any evidence that it is possible, if it is, could
> someone please point me to a plugin that does this?

Steve Harris has a "Decimator" in his swh-plugins that reduces sample
rate : "Decimates (reduces the effective sample rate), and reduces the
bit depth of the input signal".
There's also a "Smooth Decimator"

As for increasing sample rate Ardour (at least) automagically
upsamples imported sounds to match the sample rate of the project.
Alternatively you could use sndfile-resample or sox to do that.