[LAU] Dual Delta Setup

Ben Bell bjb-linux-audio-user at deus.net
Sat Dec 29 11:43:49 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Having recently acquired a second Delta 1010 for my setup I've been trying
to run the two in tandem using the alsa Multi hack. I'm getting the xruns
that I understand are expected but harmless[1] but I'm also getting some
audible ones, which are obviously more of a problem. They're synched via the
S/PDIF link and running either card on its own seems pretty solid.

I've seen on various mailing lists people talking about digging into this
but not found any conclusions. Is anyone here running dual Delta 1010s
who can double check I'm running the latest recommended settings?

I'm on a dual core 2.3GHz Athlon (4450e), running linux 3.2.0-2-rt with
cpu scaling disabled, and the cards have exclusive use of IRQs 17 and 18.
Jack is running at 44.1KHz with 6 frames and 64 periods, audio IRQs at
rtprio 85 and Jack at rtprio 82.

bjb

[1] http://www.jrigg.co.uk/linuxaudio/ice1712multi.html