[LAU] Soundcard broken? What else can I test

Clemens Ladisch clemens at ladisch.de
Wed Feb 1 12:09:17 UTC 2012

Julien Claassen wrote:
> Is there any good way to make sure, that it actually is the ICE1712 chip?

It's not possible for software to cause these symptoms, and if there
were some problem with the communication between computer and card, all
parts of the card would be affected equally.  (If the card shows up with
lspci, the mainboard/slot are proven to work correctly.)

To really make sure, you could try another slot, but I predict that you
will have to try another card.

> The mainboard is very new.

Probably electrostatic discharge when the card was plugged in.

Regards,
Clemens