[LAU] Timidity

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Sun Feb 19 12:34:40 UTC 2012

Tmidity is a more than passable player, providing a decent GS subset. It can
play other soundfonts/soudfonts-combinations (if I knew how to do it).

Is there any interface to timidity that would enable editing sounds (like on
other sampled synths)? Also, timidity is easily overloaded by controller
events and while I have thinning programs for the final result, I could use
something on the fly just for listening.

(Eventually, the normal ALSA will be working correctly again and I will use my
XG sound generator.)