[LAU] My JX-8P is dead, any SW based synth that can handle the heritage? :-(

Julien Claassen julien at mail.upb.de
Sat Mar 10 23:42:44 UTC 2012

Bad style I know, replying to oneself, but I forgot: Playing devil's advocate:
But why not consider a newer HW synth? Perhaps a nice virtual analog/analog
modelling one. There are still a few nice ones around and of course there are
again real analog ones. the DSI synths have CEM chips for their filters. I
don't know, what a JP-9x might cost, but I suspect, that in comparison it
wouldn't be too bad, especially considering, that they are new and have a lot
of controls, only ever really seen the Mopho, but it was nice for tweaking.
:-)
   Byebye
           Julien

Such Is Life: Very Intensely Adorable;