[LAU] Popping sound at the start of every note on Bristol synths.

Rafael Vega email.rafa at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 22:03:20 UTC 2012

Hello.
I've been trying Bristol as a replacement to another jack synth that I
use. Mainly because it doesn't have MIDI control messages support and
Bristol does.
However, I've found that there is a popping sound at the start of every
note. This is more apparent in some models/presets than others. I'm
pretty sure my jack configuration is fine (has been working fine with
other synths, ardour, puredata, qtractor, etc.) and I've also tried ALSA
and two different sound cards (laptop internal and firewire). I also
tried outputting Bristol straight to system output, passing through
Ardour, different frame rates and buffer sizes (big ones) and it's
always the same... Here is a recording of what it sounds like:
http://public.elsoftwarehamuerto.org/Bristol.flacIs this a known issue
with Bristol? can someone advice how to get rid of it?

Cheers!
RV