[LAU] mtc over network

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Tue Jul 16 13:39:53 UTC 2013

On Tue, July 16, 2013 4:54 am, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hello Paul1
>    Did you change it again or was theLAN thing only in either of the
> twoJACK
> versions? I definitely did want to try and we had to set up a VPN tunnel
> use the JACK net driver. Maybe I'm just antiquated in my knowledge.

At least one end has to have a "visible" IP. Physical distance of the two
ends affects the latency, as do the switches/routers in the path. The
lowest bandwidth link in the path determines the maximum bandwidth of
information a netjack link deal with. Obviously MTC is low bandwidth, but
MTC without some other information (either a midi or audio stream) is of
limited value :)

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net