[LAU] Music(?) made with Linux: Meeting Point

Neil C Smith neilcsmith.net at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 18 12:03:10 UTC 2013

Well, as well as improving the web presence for Praxis LIVE this week
(see t'other thread), I've also recently built a website for Digital
Prisoners.

All our projects are created with Praxis LIVE on Linux.  However, I
thought I'd share this page and video of Meeting Point from earlier
this year - an interactive projection that allow 2 people at opposite
ends of a public square to dance "together".  Audio and visuals are
being processed live - a mix of generative and motion triggered
effects.

Input loops / samples are a mix of stuff.  Mostly created and/or
edited on Linux, a couple of things off FreeSound, and at least one
loop was created a long time ago on an Acorn A5000 (now that's a
computer! :-) )

http://www.digitalprisoners.co.uk/projects/meeting-point
http://youtu.be/lXLmhCwWSNw

Enjoy!

Best wishes,

Neil

--
Neil C Smith
Artist : Technologist : Adviser

Praxis LIVE - open-source intermedia development - www.praxislive.org
Digital Prisoners - interactive spaces and projections -
www.digitalprisoners.co.uk
OpenEye - the web, managed - www.openeye.info