[LAU] RME Multiface and an extra 8 output channels

Brent Busby brent at keycorner.org
Tue May 14 12:58:37 UTC 2013

On Tue, 14 May 2013, Florian Faber wrote:

> Brent,
>
>> * You can go with RME MADI, which is MADIly expensive, but has an insane
>> channel count.  Sadly, as far as I know, there's no support in Linux for
>> TotalMix or anything like it if you go this route, though it is driver
>> compatible with Alsa and Jack.  You just won't have any GUI mixer like
>> hdspmixer, which would kind of stink, especially on such pro-grade
>> hardware.
>
> If you don't know something, please at least don't spread wrong
> information. You are mardorfing there.

Does hdspmixer support a MADI with 32 or 64 channels?  Will its GUI even
display a thing like that?

+ Sr. UNIX Systems Admin +  banging on a million typewriters will
+ James Franck Institute +  Shakespeare.  Now, thanks to the Internet,
+ Materials Research Ctr +  we know this is not true." -Robert Wilensky