[LAU] Aeolus 0.8.4, text mode, Ubuntu 12.10

Kevin Utter kvutter at frii.com
Sat May 25 22:27:04 UTC 2013

Hi all!  I installed Aeolus through the Ubuntu distribution, but of course, I can't use the GUI.  So far I can't get any sound from it, but there could be several reasons.

I'm using the text mode, and it appears that it is working, unless its not actually controling the organ.  Does anyone know if this version's text mode actually works?

I can't access the MIDI settings as they're in the GUI.  Can I modify those setting in the ./stops/aeolus/definition file?

Or do I just need to run a different version for some reason?  I'm making the jack connections for MIDI and audio, and I'm sending MIDI currently with VMPK.  VMPK seems to be working according to amididump, and its connections show up in jack, so hopefully that's not the problem.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks much.

Kevin