[LAU] re Zoom R16

jmancine jason at mancine.net
Tue Nov 19 17:46:16 UTC 2013

Man, I wish recompiling didn't take so darn long!  Maybe someone can save me
some time... I am trying to figure out the correct parameters to update the
quirks-table.h file.

I believe that the endpoint we are after for playback is EP 3 OUT, and this
is the output of lsusb-v for that section:

Endpoint Descriptor:
       bLength                 7
       bDescriptorType         5
       bEndpointAddress     0x03  EP 3 OUT
       bmAttributes            9
         Transfer Type            Isochronous
         Synch Type               Adaptive
         Usage Type               Data
       wMaxPacketSize     0x006c  1x 108 bytes
       bInterval               1

The endpoint address is obviously 0x03, and I have transfered that to the
table.  My problem seems to be with entering the bmAttributes value into the
.ep_attr section for the quirks-table.h file. Is ALSA expecting a hex type
value for ep_attr?  The R16 seems to have an integer (9) whereas every other
device I have plugged in as a hex value for bmAttributes.

First attempt failed, I compiled with the integer "9" in ep_attr.   Any
insight would be appreciated since it takes many hours just to test out a
single change.   One thought I had was to just use 0x09 even though that is
not the actual hex value of bmAttributes... but that's a pure guess.