[LAU] Ground lifts, TRS, etc. to PA? USB/other signal crossover to audio?

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Thu May 8 22:44:00 UTC 2014

On 05/08/2014 09:30 PM, Jonathan E Brickman wrote:
>  AC power ground lifts sometimes have helped, sometimes

There is no such thing as an AC power ground lift. The correct term, and
please don't take it personally, is _criminal_ _incompetence_.

Calling it anything else should be avoided, because that makes it sound
like something clever which the pros do. Rest assured, they don't.

You _always_ want your case grounded, unless you have double insulation,
and in that case, your power plug is two-pin only to begin with.

Any artist I catch on any stage I manage with tape across their ground
connectors can clock off early, with no show.

The only responsible and reasonable thing to do is a _signal_ ground
lift. Period.

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487

Tonmeister VDT

http://stackingdwarves.net