[LAU] Ground lifts, TRS, etc. to PA? USB/other signal crossover to audio?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Fri May 9 03:53:58 UTC 2014

Rereading your mail, I guess I misunderstood your request.

One tip and one ring allows unbalanced mono connections only, while one
tip and two rings allow balanced mono or unbalanced stereo connections.

Anyway, using a ground-lift to solve a noise issue is dangerous. We all
experienced this issue. I add a switch to one of my 19" effects, but we
shouldn't do this. If you're using a ground-lift, at least take care
that it's not simply completely disconnecting from ground, it's better
when there still is a connection to ground by a capacitor.