[LAU] Help with configuring a laptop for Linux Audio work

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Tue May 13 05:45:22 UTC 2014

I don't like Unity, either.

You can install XFCE on Ubuntu without installing Xubuntu. On my wife's
netbook, Xubuntu starts up a lot slower than stock Ubuntu.

I'm at Ubuntu 14.04 LTS on the Ubuntu partition of my laptop. I haven't
done any audio work with it yet, but it now successfully plays videos on
this i7 Haswell/Intel HD4600. That wasn't necessarily true with the
Ubuntu 13 that came on it.

--
David W. Jones
gnome at hawaii.rr.com