[LAU] Jack X-run

Lucas Takejame lucas at takejame.com.br
Wed May 14 21:35:41 UTC 2014

I see what you mean, by the way, thanks for the response! Im going to check
that, but what bugs me its that a week a go i could use jack with periods
128 or even lower and wifi turned on, didn't have to make any special
change to use a lv2 plugin, but suddenly it started to Xrun on a plugin i
made, naturally I though it was my plugin causing this, but as I tested it
turn out that even with no connections or a jack client instantiated the
xruns would happen with period 128. About the jackd command, the -P is not
being fed because I set priority on default, and throughout this and last
week I rebooted my notebook a bunch of times hehe, I was hopping to have
some idea non related to jack priority, since I didn't change anything on
jackd before it starting to xrun a lot...

Thanks anyway =)

> > jackdrc:
> > /usr/bin/jackd -dalsa -r48000 -p128 -n3 -D -Chw:0 -Phw:0,0
>
> The "-P" option is not being fed any argument. Check the
> /etc/security/limits.d/99-audio.conf make sure you are in the "audio"
> group. Turn off wifi, and rmmod its driver module.
> Check /proc/interrupts to make sure the soundcard isn't sharing its IRQ
> with any other device in your computer...
>
> I can't think of anything else right now.
>
> By the way, have you tried rebooting your PC? Have you upgraded your
> kernel?
>
> Good luck!

Lucas Conejero Takejame
Engenharia Elétrica - ênfase em computação
Escola Politécnica - USP