[LAU] POD HD300 and Jack

Harry van Haaren harryhaaren at gmail.com
Tue May 27 10:20:32 UTC 2014

On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 7:50 AM, Cristiano Alessandro <
cristianoale at tiscali.it> wrote:

>  Hi all,

Hey!

> I am very new to Jack and Linux audio in general, so I apologize if my
> questions are silly. I own a POD HD300, and I would like to use it as a
> sound card to loopback my guitar sound in the computer speakers...recording
> would also be nice. The POD gets appropriately recognized by the system and
> its device driver functions properly. In fact, I can hear sound using
> Pulse, of course with huge latency. I would like to use Jack for this
> (already properly installed and set it up for real time scheduling).
>
> I have configured Jack from QJackCtl such that the interface I am using is
> my POD (interface box in the Setup window - interface which is different
> than the one used in Pulse). Now, I cannot really go on. I guess I have two
> options to loop my sound back to the speakers (and please correct me if I
> am wrong): (1) specifying the input and output device in the Setup window
> appropriately; (2) specifying a proper connection in the Connections window.
>
> Option 1. The Input Device and Output Device scroll down list in the setup
> window

Yes these are the options that you'll need to use to set up the POD as
audio device.  Are you sure that ALSA supports the POD device? It seems
like there might be a driver issue, as some other Line6 devices require a
custom driver to work with Linux: http://sourceforge.net/p/line6linux  I
hope I'm wrong!

> Option 2. The POD appears only in the ALSA tab of the Connection window.

The ALSA tab in QJackCtl shows MIDI devices: the MIDI component of the POD
300 is probably class-compliant (meaning, no special driver required for
that part)..

HTH, -Harry
openavproductions.com