[LAU] Open Source Audio Interface (was Successor/replacement for RME HDSP+Multiface?)

Kazakore dj_kaza at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 1 15:14:28 UTC 2014

On 01/09/14 13:53, Moshe Werner wrote:

>     I like your Idea! That would be the ideal modular platform.
>     But if we're going the ethernet route why not Ravenna? It's open
>     standard I think.
>     Wouldn't there be a possibility to implement DSP or even Jack in
>     Ravenna?
>     Consoles from Lawo are Linux based and use Ravenna.
>
>     Just some quick thoughts.
>

> I just remembered that we had a discussion about Ravenna here before,
> I think the conclusion was that it's not that simple...

I assume you know CobraNet as well? Seemed to the choice for bigger
concerts and FOH stuff a few years ago with support from a fair number
of the bigger audio manufacturers.

Don't think it's open like Ravenna though, which looks interesting with
a fair few supporters in the industry, although not so much the ones I
would associate with live sound and big events so much...

Dale.