[LAU] Session management with NSM

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Thu Sep 4 18:04:51 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-09-04 at 17:53 +0000, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 04, 2014 at 07:48:30PM +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>
> > A simple question, is it possible to restore a Qtractor session using
> > NSM, IOW is it guaranteed that jackd doesn't run with a wrong latency?
>
> That is irrelevant.
>
> If a recorder/player, sequencer, DAW, or whatever is doing its
> latency compensation as it should be done (which is probably
> simpler than whatever Qtractor is doing now), it DOES NOT MATTER
> if the latency values are the same or not.
>
> Please try to understand that, and stop whining.

Again, this isn't my point. I don't care about it, I'm not whining. My
sessions are restored in another way. My intention is to point out, that
a user can not simply use every application that claims to support NSM
and expect to restore the session. At least users should add a note, in
Qtractor's > File > Properties ... > Description, that jackd has to be
started with x latency.

That's all!