[LAU] Session management with NSM

hermann meyer brummer- at web.de
Fri Sep 5 04:09:25 UTC 2014

Am 05.09.2014 01:11, schrieb Paul Davis:

> On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 4:00 PM, Philipp Überbacher
> <murks at tuxfamily.org <mailto:murks at tuxfamily.org>> wrote:
>
>     On Tue, 2 Sep 2014 19:42:16 +0100
>     Harry van Haaren <harryhaaren at gmail.com
>     <mailto:harryhaaren at gmail.com>> wrote:
>     > It could be discussed to "highjack" ~/.jackdrc by copying an NSM
>     > sessions .jackdrc to ~/    although a hack solution for a
>     power-user,
>     > I think its not a good way to go for beginners. We need something to
>     > fix this... ideas?
>
>     For my taste this solution is far too hackish. I would not expect or
>     want any program to modify my ~/.jackdrc.
>

> this is what ardour does. just FYI.

and qjackctl does as well. As a rc file it should store the last used
settings, shouldn't it?

For the case that jack settings should be stored within a saved session,
something like QjackCtl.conf would make more sense, were you could store
a couple of different jack settings by name.
Such a .conf file could easy generated by jackpatch, and if a user start
a session, were jackpatch is involved, jackpatch could pop up a
"warning", when the jack settings in use didn't compare to the last
saved settings in this session. How a user interact with the warning,
may be his own decision.