[LAU] Ardour tutors available?

Alf Haakon Lund alf at mellomrommet.no
Sun Feb 1 16:03:40 UTC 2015

Hello all,

I'm currently getting to know ardour (3.5 on Ubuntu Studio 14.04) and
wondered if there's anyone on the list interested in being a one-day
guru, answering smart and silly questions alike?

I do usually look up the online manual before asking, but sometimes
normal searching gets me nowhere...

For now, 3 questions that's been bugging me:

1. Is there a way to click and drag or similar to navigate back and
forth along tracks? There's a click and drag "navigator" at the bottom
of the screen, but with many tracks I find it hard to move only
sideways, and not also up or down.

2. How to undo region deleting? Must be something obvious that escapes
my eye...

3. How to access session undo history, and restore things done in
previous sessions?

All the best,
Alf