[LAU] Ardour: Where to access log files

Alf Haakon Lund alf at mellomrommet.no
Mon Feb 2 00:45:47 UTC 2015

When exporting a session ardour (3.5) crashed and everything (Ubuntu
Studio 14.04) froze.

I had to open an "emergency terminal" (ctrl-alt-f#) to kill and reboot,
and didn't manage to copy the error message. Still I believe I can find
it in some logs, but where to find the log?

Oh, and when Ardour loaded the session after reboot it was with this

> [ERROR]: could not reconstitute MementoCommand from XMLNode. object
> type = ARDOUR::AutomationList id = 21170

I suspect the reason for the crash was that I tried to give the export
file a new name not already on disk.

This should probably be in the Ardour forums, I know. I intend to
register there at some later time...

Alf