[LAU] qjackctl: disable baloon popups?

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Wed Feb 4 17:00:32 UTC 2015

On 02/04/2015 11:08 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> On 2015-02-04 11:21, Hermann Meyer wrote:
>>
>> I just click on the system tray icon to hide/show qjackctl,
>> instead "close" it.
>
> thanks for your suggestion, howerver that sounds very counterintuitive:
>
> what i really want to do is get rid of "that window" after i'm done
> with it. my focus (both my brain and my mouse) is most likely near
> that window. the usual way to get rid of the current window is by
> closing it via the window-decoration or by Alt-F4. *not* by moving the
> mouse-pointer across 2 screens to a tiny icon and click that.

hi IOhannes

indeed, the bubble popups may build up to annoying

i seem to remember that this topic has been somewhat a "dejavu", maybe
on this or some other related lists nearby...

allow me to be consistent: i've simply ditched it as a "who cares?"
stance. please accept my apologies, again.

tbh. i don't see it as a pain-of-a-nag as you probably do :) the bubble
only happens to stay there for a dozen of seconds or even less (yeah
right, it's probably 10secs.), but you can just click on it and bang! it
will (shall) vanish immediately--is it too much of a nag?

ok. you can also refrain yourself from ever touching the WM's close
command ie. the [x] button on most top level window decorations. you can
just teach yourself to follow Herman's advice from this moment on %)

hth.
cheers
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela