[LAU] ffplay and alsa buffers

Peter P. peterparker at fastmail.com
Sat Oct 3 22:52:35 UTC 2015

Hi list,

I am playing a http .m3u8 videostream with ffplay version 1.0.10 on
Debian testing and am getting drop outs about twice a minute, with the
following message being posted to the command line:

ALSA lib pcm.c:7905:(snd_pcm_recover) underrun occurred

This happes regardless of internet connection or used soundcard.

/proc/asound/card1/pcm0p/sub0/hw_params lists:
	access: MMAP_NONINTERLEAVED
	format: S32_LE
	subformat: STD
	channels: 18
	rate: 44100 (44100/1)
	period_size: 1024
	buffer_size: 2048

I have not yet found a way to raise ffplay's playback buffers and would
be glad to hear about any ideas how to get to a more fluent playback.

thanks!