[LAU] killling zombie jack

Christopher Arndt chris at chrisarndt.de
Thu Oct 22 11:23:09 UTC 2015

Am 22.10.2015 um 12:58 schrieb Kaza Kore:
> This page has differences between jack1 and jack2 and very very lightly
> touches on dbus.
>
> https://github.com/jackaudio/jackaudio.github.com/wiki/Q_difference_jack1_jack2

Indeed, that wiki gives answers to most of the questions about jack
raised in this thread.

The table of jack 1/2 differences leaves me with one question, though:

What is meant by "Has builtin integration with Linux MIDI"?

Does that mean that with jack 2 I have to use a2j or a similar tool to
have access to ALSA MIDI clients via jack MIDI, but not with jack 1?

Chris