[LAU] Migrating from Garage Band to Free Software: Choices?

fred f.rech at yahoo.fr
Tue Oct 27 17:42:20 UTC 2015

Le 27/10/2015 16:02, Paul Davis a écrit :

> shorthand: the tools ARE limits, but the limits are the wellspring of
> real creativity, as imagination collides with the possible.

Remembering the first records at home, with very limited tools (4 tracks
on Tascam cassette deck, Boss DR-5, bass played
with guit..), I just agree : tools are not the point! And limits force
you to be more creative, no doubt at all :)

You could have a billion dollars studio, and no talent to use it...

And, you could have just a Linux system and with your vision produce a
music never heard..

And of course, you could work in a big studio with a big vision.. but
it's likely for a few of us musicians around the world!