[LAU] everything stops after 2.1GB

J. C. julien at mail.upb.de
Wed Nov 9 19:08:39 UTC 2016

Nov 9 2016, Markus Seeber has written:
> Are you perhaps on a 32bit OS?
Yes, I am, but would that really effect the systems facility to read and
interpret 64bit integers in a file? After all, I thought 64bit
architectures are only necessary if you want to use more than 4GB of RAM
mainly and of course a few more optimisations on the CPU level when it
comes to working with 64BIT ints. I know that Csound can use 64bit
integers on a 32BIT platform. Was I really that wrong about it?

Best wishes,

Jeanette