[LAU] firewire-thunderbolt adapter?

Anders Hellquist lau at hellquist.net
Wed Oct 4 08:45:55 UTC 2017

Hi !

>From what I have heard, You should be able to run the Apple Thunderbolt ->
Firewire adaptor but AFAIK the linux kernel do not support hot-plugging so
you need to boot with the adaptor in place.
Maybe the hot-pluggin is working now (it was more than a year ago i heard
this info) I have an adaptor but have not tried this myself unfortunately.

Also make sure the Thunderbolt socket is a real Thunderbolt connector and
not just a mini-displayport. They look identical and works similar but
mini-displayport is just a sub-set for diplay connections.

/Anders