[LAU] How to keep an updated "standard" linux audio system?

Jonathan E. Brickman jeb at ponderworthy.com
Mon Jan 8 23:28:40 UTC 2018

 > On 2018-01-08 08:01 AM, Jonathan E. Brickman wrote:
 >> ...  I just converted a heavily-used Manjaro/XFCE4 desktop, two years in
 >> use and regularly updated, into a Linux audio testing machine,
without glitches.

On 01/08/2018 10:09 AM, Peter Lutek wrote:
 > would you be kind enough to outline your "conversion" procedure?
 >
 > cheers!
 > .pltk.

Yup.  yaourt -S cadence and recommendeds, and yaourt/pacman the apps I
use (right now, just yoshimi).  Also the usual config changes discovered
with realtimeconfigquickscan, no kernel change needed, no reload.  It
helps that I use xfce4, which interferes a lot less than other desktops
have in my past.  I was very surprised at how well it went; in my most
recent production box build, about a year ago, I had to scrag xfce4 and
go with LXDE to get rid of some xruns.

/Jonathan E. Brickmanjeb at ponderworthy.com
<http://login.jsp/?at=02e47df3-a9af-4cd9-b951-1a06d255b48f&mailto=jeb@ponderworthy.com>   (785)233-9977/
/Hear us at http://ponderworthy.com -- CDs and MP3s now available!
<http://ponderworthy.com/ad-astra/ad-astra.html>/
/Music of compassion; fire, and life!!!/