[LAU] Streaming a show with linux?

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Fri Sep 14 17:41:46 CEST 2018

On Fri, 14 Sep 2018, Mac wrote:

> Thinking about setting up a live streaming radio show for a local theater group.
> Figured I'd start here with my research.
> Does anyone do this with Linux? What app do you use?

IDJC (internet DJ Consol) comes to mind. However you say theater group,
does that mean one mic per actor or a stereo input? IDJC will accept a
stereo input easily and I think the number of mono input channels can be
expanded somewhat, but an extra mixer such a nonmixer or Ardour's mixer
would also allow inlining effects. (Ardour would allow recording as
separate tracks as well) IDJC does require jack to run, but if you are
using more than one application anyway or using USB mics, you would need
it anyway.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net