[LAU] systemd woes with jackd and its permissions (raspbian)

David Runge dave at sleepmap.de
Thu Jan 31 12:22:48 CET 2019

On 2019-01-31 10:03:56 (+0100), al3xu5 / dotcommon wrote:
> Being systemd a complete nightmare (which turns your machine to a
> windows-like system), simply stop using it and migrate to a
> systemd-free system.
Everyone's entitled to their opinion I guess, but how on earth does this
help with the question at hand?
If you're plainly here to rant about how bad systemd is (or rave about
how great your particular distro is), maybe find another mailing list to
do so.
It's getting quite annoying (given your recent track record on that
particular topic) and really doesn't provide any useful information
regarding the original topic, especially as you fail to supply
information on why and how a jackd-as-a-daemon-setup on Devuan could be
considered more suitable or would even look like. Please be constructive
and provide examples instead of bad-mouthing other people's work.

e.g. "Hey look, this is how we do things on Devuan - without systemd -
to have jackd start as a daemon. You can also use that instead of
Raspbian."
Doesn't hurt, does it?

Best,
David