[LAU] Behringer X32 - glitch problems

nik at parkellipsen.de nik at parkellipsen.de
Sun Oct 13 18:19:15 CEST 2019

Hmm, this is interesting, i just checked the USB ports in my Thinkpad T440s with lsusb -t.

Turns out, it has 3 buses, one USB3.0 (i suppose) and two 2.0 buses.

There's nothing on the 3.0 bus, but if i connect my interface, it still won't connect
to that bus because it's a 2.0 interface (testing with my UMC1820 at home, but I assume the X32 will be the same).

Now, one hub seems to be there for the (rather useless) smart card reader exclusively, while
ALL external (physical) ports are wired to the one bus that also has the memory card reader and other things
attached.

That means, not matter where i connect the interface, there's no way to connect to the least busy bus.

I wonder if there's a way to expose the unused buses ? Like, disconnect the smart card reader and attach
an USB hub? Or, if i connect an external USB 3.0 hub, will it wire external devices to the 3.0 internal bus?

Anybody got experience here ?

Best,
Niklas