[LAU] How to automatically start zita-j2a/a2j with jack?

Joakim Hernberg jhernberg at alchemy.lu
Wed Oct 16 12:14:35 CEST 2019

On Tue, 15 Oct 2019 12:47:09 -0500
Brent Busby <brent at keycorner.org> wrote:

> This is something I'm interested in doing, but I've not looked into
> whether it's possible or what would be necessary -- using Jack 2 with
> multiple interfaces.

For best results make sure that you sync the cards externally so that
they run on the same clock and don't need to resample audio, you could
probably do that via adat/spdif with your cards.

You'll probably get different roundtrip latency on the different cards,
it's likely that the babyface will have quite a lot more than the
multiface. Still it ought to be doable, don't know how well it works in
a production environment.

Or alternatively you might be able to transfer audio from the
babyface to the multiface using adat/spdif, which might be a better
solution.

--

   Joakim