[linux-audio-user] midi through qjackctl

Carlos Pino pinojazz at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 12:03:35 EST 2005

Hi there.
     I'm learning about set up  my own audio-system.
     I'm using demudi's kernel 2.6.13-1-multimedia over an installation
of Debian etch/sid untill I learn more about compile my own.
   Till now I've solved some problems I found compiling some apps and
everything seems to work not so bad.
  I have two issues with qjackctl/jackd  that don't know how to resolve.

 1.-Qjackctl doesn't  save the configuration changes.The Setup/misc/save
tab option  is set to . jackdrc.
  $ cat .jackdrc
     /usr/bin/jackd -R -dalsa -dhw:0 -r44100 -p512 -n2

  But  qjackctl say:
  /usr/bin/jackd -R -dalsa -dhw:0 -r48000 -p256 -n2    everytime I launch.

2.- I use band in a box with wine.In demudi I found the way to make it
sound using midi through port conected to qsynth via jackd,but don't
know what to do to get this port  showed at the connect/midi tab of my
own compiled qjackctl- 0.2.18.I have compiled jackit-0.100.0 also.

    Thanks in advance.

 --Carlos