[linux-audio-user] Re: LAU FAQ WIKI

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Sun Jun 25 10:27:30 EDT 2006

luis jure wrote:
>> How's this?
>> http://affenbande.org/%7Ethorwil/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2006/06/lau-wiki_02_i.png
>
> well, i must say i find it difficult to evaluate the design of a web site
> from a png... how does it look with a real browser? are those rounded
> corners made with images? are those really necessary? how does it look with
> a text browser like links? and with different screen resolutions? is the
> text in those tabs text or images? what about visually impaired users that
> need to increase font sizes, or blind users that use text only browsers?
>
> personally i hate those designs with rounded corners, but this is a web
> site, not an album cover, and i think the points i mentioned above are more
> important than the shape of the bullets or things like that.
>
> BTW, the pngs at the /httplaulinuxaudioorgfaq/ page don't look bad at all.
> IMO they'd look still better with solid colors, which is the only
> improvement i can see in this new design.

Hi Luis,

W3c CSS compliant websites allow for all the above and you are still
able to have really modern, unique and interesting design.

For an example of the possiblities please visit

	http://www.csszengarden.com/

There's nothing that says rounded corners are mandatory but I prefer
them to straight edges for this site in particular. I think the LAD site
could handle harder corners though.

Cheers.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.