[LAU] edirol fa101 on differant rate that 48k ?

Thomas Hedegaard thomas at vector.dk
Thu Nov 18 11:04:39 UTC 2010

2010/11/18 Florian Faber <faber at faberman.de>

> Thomas,
>
> > Im not very into this stuff, but you can certainly hear the difference.
>
> This is, with all due respect, bullshit. On the technical side, there is
> no difference, just a waste of bandwidth.
>
> Of course a higher SR gives better sound. Wich you can easily hear if you
use your ears. There is a reason to use 44.1k and not 8k on CD for ex. And
there is a reason for listening to LPs instead of CDs

> If you eq in 44.1k you get that early nineties techno high end.
>
> If you hear differences, your filters and/or converters are broken.

Maybe the plugins I use are crappy. But nevertheless if you raise a level in
a digital eq it makes good sense that it distorts because you move the
points away from each other and thus making the wave more of a square?