[LAU] Simplest USB MIDI --> wireless --> JACK ?

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Wed Feb 18 14:23:27 UTC 2015

On Wed, 18 Feb 2015, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:

> On 02/18/2015 04:03 AM, Jonathan E. Brickman wrote:
>> I have a Yamaha keyboard with USB MIDI out, and I'd like to get that MIDI signal wirelessly to JACK running on my synth. What is the simplest way right now? I could connect the keyboard to an RPi and then netjack it to the synth via wifi, but that does not sound very simple to me :-)
>
> If you have a RPi I would certainly consider setting it up as a MIDI to
> WiFi transponder thingy. Otherwise you could look at devices like this:
> http://www.thomann.de/nl/cme_widixu.htm

Far as I can tell this is just the computer end. To use this the synth
needs to have wireless built in... or you also need:
http://www.cme-pro.com/proline/product-detail.php-product_id=8.htm

This is not wireless networking from what I can tell. So the computer's
built in wireless will not talk to it... which is why the dongle exists I
would guess.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net