[Consortium] Re: Linuxaudio.org consortium launch

Daniel James daniel at linuxaudio.org
Tue Apr 6 04:34:00 EDT 2004

> There are a few Open
> Source solutions around. I no experience using them
> but I suspect they don't compare with the design goals
> of ClearScale.

Comparing the Audacity effect with the ClearScale example at:

http://www.clearscale.org/html/results.html

yields an obvious improvement. However, I've used the Audacity
timestretching tool on less complex material with good results, such
as single vocals or drum breaks.

I'm sure the Audacity team would be interested to check out
ClearScale - I'll cc this email to Dominic.

> It should be announced on the LAD list where Stefan
> can get more feedback and publicity.

I've already suggested to Stephan that he does just that, because I
agree this is something that people on the lists will be interested
in.

By the way, I just noticed that the number of subscribers to the users
list has passed the number on the developers list for the first time
- is this a sign of something? There's a graph at:

http://www.linuxdj.com/audio/lad/subscribe.php3

Cheers

Daniel